Lightning is a (TV) app development framework that offers great portability and performance.
Great performance, great portability
Because is uses HTML5 standards, it is highly portable. Apps developed in Lightning run on all major Smart TV platforms, settopboxes and everything else with a moder HTML5 browser. In terms of performance, it runs awesome on WebOS and (modern) Tizen. It also approaches the performance of native apps on Android.
This enables you to achieve an awesome User eXperience!
- Portable technologies
- Build once, deploy anywhere
- Awesome performance
- UX that is currently only possible in your dreams
- Efficient memory management, no memory leaks
- Innovative, fast and high code quality development principles
- Develop and test on your local browser
- Development time drastically cut down
- Easy to learn
- Easily bundle your app for Tizen, WebOS and Android
- Application framework
- Render tree (WebGL or Canvas2d)
- Flexbox layout engine
- Animations toolkit
- Keypress-based input/focus handling
- Special effects, custom shaders
Innovative development paradigms
Developers love the Lightning framework once they get to know it. Many of the principles used in Lightning were inspired by Google Polymer, Angular and other modern frameworks. Seeing we were not limited to using HTML we could use and combine our favorite design patterns and create our own take on the ultimate component-based framework for app development!
Some technical highlights
- Component-based, to help you split up your app in a clean way
- Static templates offer great overview and fast spawning
- Not using Virtual DOM in contrast to other frameworks, but..
- Patching allows convenient Virtual DOM-like patterns without the downsides
- State Oriented Programming enforce robustness in reactive components
- Signals and commands provide easy-to-use inter-component communication